Are You Suffering From Social Media Overload?
Take our quick quiz to determine if you (or a client) is suffering from social media overload. Perhaps you know a small business owner heading for disaster…take time to share this fun but informative quiz filled with the major signs and symptoms of social media overload along with a few helpful tips on how to remedy the ailment.
Social media overload. It’s an ailment few would have even thought possible just a few short years ago but the rapid rise of social media combined with real-time contact has created the perfect storm of stress among many small business owners. In most cases, social media overload is simply cured by a bit of self imposed downtime or dismissed as a silly modern ailment. Unfortunately, social media overload can cause very real problems…problems that can impact the bottom line of a business in a dead serious manner. Learn how to spot potential problems before they get out of control, take action and find needed help with this quick quiz.
1. I find myself constantly checking social media sites. Social media takes a lot of time and effort. Even worse, as clients turn to social media for support and help, real time response is quickly becoming the norm. Unfortunately, good old Uncle Sam doesn’t allow most small business owners to write off their own time making automation and outsourcing a smart idea!
2. I find myself skipping phone calls and actual face to face time. Social media is a great way to stay in constant contact with business partners, clients and other associates but it should enhance communication not detract from it. When used properly, social media allows business owners to have more time to focus on their core priorities…not less! Find out how much time a social media management firm can save your firm!
3. I find myself dropping social media sites in an attempt to keep up. Finding the right balance isn’t easy but it’s never a good idea to put all your eggs in a single basket. Outsourcing social media marketing and management to a reputable agency allows you to reach the maximum number of users without having to downsize or limit your social presence to one or two providers.
4. I find myself duplicating content on a regular basis. This is a quick way to irritate clients and increase unsubscribe rates. People don’t like seeing the exact same content on every social media site. Instead, mix it up a bit to keep things fresh.
5. I find myself slow to respond to problems, questions or concerns. It’s important to make contact with new affiliations but failure to respond to real problems, questions or concerns will quickly turn a friend into a foe. If you don’t have the time, admit it and move on. Either hire help or work with a reputable social media manager to make sure service is speedy and sufficient at all times.
6. I find myself resenting all the clutter and confusion. The social world is chaotic but fun. Once that fun is replaced by dread, it’s a clear sign that it is time to turn over the reins to someone new. Don’t underestimate the power of complete strangers to pick up on a negative tone.
7. I find myself using social media less and less. Uh-oh, if you are anywhere near this stage it is time to get help…fast! Nothing sends a worse message than a blank page populated by a few infrequent and increasingly old posts. The perception is you either don’t care or don’t have anything new to report. Over time, it becomes a downward spiral as lack of activity breeds boredom resulting in apathy and a near complete lack of interest.
8. I find myself apathetic about new developments, tools or trends. Ouch! We won’t take it personally but recognize this for what it is…a red flag that you are nearing the danger zone. Don’t wait until it becomes critical. Keeping up with such a rapidly expanding and volatile field as social media isn’t easy…it’s one reason we provide the experience and expertise made possible by an entire team of trained social media management professionals. Each is able to dedicate their time and attention to an exclusive area of growth which provides the best blend of information, affordability and outcomes possible.
9. I find myself increasingly stressed and obsessed about numbers. Sometimes you have to relax and let go to get the best results. Small business owners are known for getting the job done on their own but that doesn’t mean it’s the best approach. In fact, sometimes it’s the worst one. Save time, money and enjoy life a little more by working with a full service social media management firm.
10. I find myself reading more and more about social media burnout. You are on a slippery slope and know it. Run – don’t walk – to the phone to discuss ways to lighten your load and get great results by working with a social media consulting firm that truly cares!